Hello!

M

macjim

Well, hello from me in Scotland. I've just joined the forum group and am awaiting the delivery of my D600, 50mm f1.4G, and the kit zoom 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 lenses. I had a Leica M9 and 35mm Leica lens but couldn't focus quickly or sharp enough due the small viewfinder focus screen so I decided to call it quits. I had looked at getting the D800 but felt it was overkill for my use and due to Leica bringing out new camera models, I ended up with less money to spend. Then came the D600 and saved the day!
I did think about the Canon 6D but as nice a looker it is, it fell down in features so Monday will see the D600 arriving here.
My other camera system is

M

macjim

My other camera system is the fujifilm X-Pro1 and I have the three standard lenses, 18, 35 & 60 mm's. very fine camera!

M

macjim

Hello all... just a few hours ago, I received my new D600 with the 50mm f1.4G, and the 24-85 f3.5-4.5G lenses. The battery is charging just now, and I'm looking forward to trying the D600 & 50mm as soon as possible. Not as large as I had feared, so that's a relief!
When I do manage to take and edit some photographs, I'll put one up for you to see, and I'll add a set in my Flickr site too: thesrpspaintshop.
Cheerio for now...

fotojack

Welcome, Jim. I'm afraid you're going to have more fun here than you can shake a stick at! :) Congrats on the new D600. I'm sure you'll have a cracking time with it. :)