Bee - Macro - Feedback Wanted

th33ch0

This is straight from the camera. No PP or modifications. Feedback welcome!

fitbD.jpg

Dave_W

The Dude
In my humble opinion, the best portraits, be them of people, dogs or bugs, require eyes and face in order for them to be a successful image. Something about looking in a portraits eyes brings the image to life for the viewer. Your image is quite nice on a technical stand point but in order to get that *punch* you should aim to capture face/eyes of whatever you're portraying.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I think it needs severe cropping. It seems lost in a too wide space where the background gets very distracting. My eyes can't seem to stay on the bee. Try cropping it, and, please, don't just leave it right in the middle (rule of thirds).

th33ch0

Thanks for the feedback thus far! I am currently at work and will be doing some PP when I do get home and was planning on cropping it in. Just wanted some feedback on the unedited photograph as well.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
In my humble opinion, the best portraits, be them of people, dogs or bugs, require eyes and face in order for them to be a successful image. Something about looking in a portraits eyes brings the image to life for the viewer. Your image is quite nice on a technical stand point but in order to get that *punch* you should aim to capture face/eyes of whatever you're portraying.

I see one eyeball.

emoxley

I agree with the cropping suggestion.
Macros are tight close-ups, which that picture isn't, the way it is right now.