D600 time-lapse!...D800 time-lapse!..

NOKIN15

Hi everyone. Is there anyone out there who can help me who has the new D600 or maybe even the D800!..are these cameras good/bad for night time-lapse?.. Pit-falls?. Anything to watch out for, any-tips!.. Looking to invest in either one of them for this reason.. Any pointers or help would be most-welcome!.. Many many thanks..

NOKIN15

Thanks for the reply phillydog!.. But come on NIKON-users!. Is night time-lapse only for the canon-users?..I'm seriously thinking NIKON cameras must be crap at this??. If this money burns my pockets much longer, canon will soon be a little-richer!!..

Billy Y.

Ive done 30 second exposures at night with great results using the d800 - if you are talking about time lapse with video I haven't tried that yet - I don't shoot much video.

Dave_W

The Dude
Time lapse photography is simply multiple images taken over a period of time. So if you're happy with a single photo from any given camera then a series of single photos will be equally satisfying. Given that the only issue after image quality is whether or not the timer is accurate, I can't imagine either the D600 or D800 would prove inadequate.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Thanks for the reply phillydog!.. But come on NIKON-users!. Is night time-lapse only for the canon-users?..I'm seriously thinking NIKON cameras must be crap at this??. If this money burns my pockets much longer, canon will soon be a little-richer!!..

I'm not a fan of time lapse since it increases the shutter actuation for a mere few minutes of video files. Not worth my time. Just make sure you have a freshly charge batteries and hope that it won't rain. Good luck with your adventures.

Eye-level

Banned

Well buy a Canon then and we'll talk to you in a few years when you change to Nikon! :)

pedroj

Go for you life who cares...I should imagine your another one of those canon nobs trying to get a rise out of the Nikon camera users....FAIL...

Last edited:

NOKIN15

I'm a NIKON owner you fools, and all i was doing was asking for some good honest advice!..so if you havnt got anything OF-KNOWLEDGE to share, then please keep you lack-off it, to yourselves!!.. My questions still apply to people who HAVE answers, and not hang-ups!!..

Scott Murray

Hi everyone. Is there anyone out there who can help me who has the new D600 or maybe even the D800!..are these cameras good/bad for night time-lapse?.. Pit-falls?. Anything to watch out for, any-tips!.. Looking to invest in either one of them for this reason.. Any pointers or help would be most-welcome!.. Many many thanks..
Honestly if you are just investing in camera for its time-lapse capability I would say dont bother. I have not tried either of these cameras out for such a singular test. I look for overall performance and capability. If you want a camera that is capable of producing great shots at minimal costs then these cameras are for you. If you are after a time-lapse camera then here is a company that does them well Richmond Time Lapse is dedicated to the production of time lapse videos. I am unsure of the camera they use. I hope this is helpful. As with anything it comes down to the buyers requests and expectations, you have stated only one expectation therefore this is all I am able to offer in advice. I hope this helps in some way.

Fork

They're both full frame so both should be more than capable of high image quality/low noise at night. Time lapse mode is simply programming the camera to take a number of shots with a set interval inbetween within a specified time frame - not much to get wrong there! My D300s does it perfectly well, I can't see those two cameras having any issues.