D7000 ENEL15 replacement packs

bigdaddysam

Hey guys I recently bought the EN-EL15 aftermark batteries (2 of them) from amazon below:
Amazon.com: 2 Replacement Nikon EN-EL15 ENEL15 Batteries Pack for Nikon D7000,D800, D800E, 1 V1 DSLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

2packs 65.45 compare to orignial $75 in BH which i ordered one last time.

I should receive the batteries by Friday. I will post my comments if they work with my D7000.
Has anybody used the batteries from this vendor?

Please note that the Voltage is 7.2V and Capacity is 1900 mAh which is the same as the original NIKON specs.

Thanks
Canis Majoris
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif

cbg

These appear to be third-party replcements and not Nikon battery packs. I've always had better luck with actual Nikon batteries than the third party.

PapaST

I've had mixed results with third-party batteries. Some work great, some not so great. Most come with a decent enough warranty so not a huge risk. Let us know, good luck.

fotojack

The reason 3rd party batteries are so cheap is because they aren't "chipped" like genuine Nikon batteries are. As an example: I have 4 batteries for my D200. 2 are genuine Nikons. I use them in my grip on the D200, because as one dies down, the other one kicks in. The other 2 batteries are 3rd party. I also use these in my D200 grip. However, as one dies down, the other will not kick in, because they aren't chipped. Hence the reason they are cheaper. :)

Same with my D40. 4 batteries...2 genuine Nikon, 2 are 3rd party. Same outcome.

Dooku77

Batteries are one item that I will never take a shortcut on. It's what powers my camera to take all my photos. I might as well make a lens out of a paper towel tube and tape it to the front of my camera.

Willie C

PapaST

Sorry Fotojack you are a bit out of date .. It has just become apparent that third party EN EL 15 packs are now availabe with the proper chipping. I just paid $75 for a genuine one ( faulty within a month ..going back) but notice that the third party have dropped to $20 .. I have ordered 2 and will let you know B51 EN-EL15 Battery 1900mAh Decoding For Nikon 1 V1 D600 D800 D800E D7000 Camera | eBay

Thanks for the link. I checked out the batteries, what leads you to believe they are chipped? I didn't see much of anything in the description/title about it.

Decoding...and compatible with D7000 .. without the chip the camera will not recognise it ...seems to be spreading as the EN EL 14 seems also to be available for D3200 fully chipped

co2jae

Batteries are one item that I will never take a shortcut on. It's what powers my camera to take all my photos. I might as well make a lens out of a paper towel tube and tape it to the front of my camera.

Willie C

Sounds like a nice weekly photo challenge to me. We could use our old magnifying glasses for lenses....

Dooku77

Sounds like a nice weekly photo challenge to me. We could use our old magnifying glasses for lenses....

I think you may have stumbled on to consumer genius here. I was just thinking of ripping apart my prime lens and using that glass. I like you idea better.

Willie C

Those of us who have used EN EL 3e 3rd party at a bout $6 for years are not so worried . I have had two genuine nikon batteries fail one at about 18 months old the other at 4 weeks ..straight from New to 4 red ....both would sustain a long discharge (2hrs + at 1/2 amp) showing the cells were good but what failed was the electronic chip signaling to the camera to shut them down..,I think its pot luck 3rd party or genuine so I alway have a dual battery set up D7000 or D3200 and a set of lithium AA at close hand...

Attachments

• AAA_5659.JPG
    AAA_5659.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 192
Last edited: