Nikkor Fisheye 16mm f/2.8D

Miguel Castillo

So I bought this thing awhile ago. And I wanted to took a picture like this (with border line):
tumblr_mao2rk2Tb81qbcbjvo1_500.jpg
but I don't know how.

When i set my camera to 22 (the thing with 22, 16,11,8,5.6, 4, and 2.8) It's working. But when i set it to 16 it has "F E E" i think it's an error but i don't really know.

I'm using Nikon D7000 by the way, All answers are highly appreaciated.

Scott Murray

FEE error message. The FEE error message on a Nikon DSLR camera indicates that the camera cannot shoot the photo at the aperture you've selected. Turn the manualaperture ring to the highest number, which should fix the error message. You may need to allow the camera to automatically choose the aperture to shoot the photo at the proper exposure.

Miguel Castillo

FEE error message. The FEE error message on a Nikon DSLR camera indicates that the camera cannot shoot the photo at the aperture you've selected. Turn the manualaperture ring to the highest number, which should fix the error message. You may need to allow the camera to automatically choose the aperture to shoot the photo at the proper exposure.

How can i do that? Can you please be more specific? Sorry I'm really a newbie! Thanks!

Miguel Castillo

There is a ring on the lens itself turn that to the highest number. How are you changing the aperture? Via camera or the lens?

Yes, When i turned the highest number on the lens itself (which is 22) it works! But when i changed it to 16 and below It doesn't work. :( The fEE is appearing when im trying 16 below.

And I wanted to capture a photo like this. (i really bought this lens for that huhu)
17023d1348306434t-nikkor-fisheye-16mm-f-2-8d-tumblr_mao2rk2tb81qbcbjvo1_500.jpg
(with boarder)

pedroj

Ok turn the aperture ring on the lens to 22 and put the lens on the camera..

Put the camera in aperture priority and select the aperture you require..Now you have to do it in camera..

FAILING THIS READ YOUR MANUAL...

Scott Murray

Put the camera in aperture priority and select the aperture you require..Now you have to do it in camera..

Kinda what I said LOL was leaving the read your manual for my next reply ;)

Miguel Castillo

Change the aperture within the camera using "A" mode, dont change it on the lens itself leave that on f22. It will work that way.

So yes, I get it now. So how can i do the same thing to have a photo like that?

I already read the manual, but i can't barely understand it :(

Scott Murray

Really? I thought it's really the feature of the lens. *sigh* Thank you very much for your help.
It might very well be but seeing as I have never used a fish eye I am unsure of their characteristics. As I said get out there and practice and see what results you come up with, trial and error can get you some interesting shots.

pedroj

So yes, I get it now. So how can i do the same thing to have a photo like that?

I already read the manual, but i can't barely understand it :(

Get it in a language you understand then..Take some time to understand, there is a tomorrow OK..

People that want to run before they can walk will always trip up...

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorry, but you won't be able to get that effect on the D7000. The D7000's sensor only captures 1/1.5 the image on a full frame (FX).
The 16mm fish eye is made to cover the entire FX frame. I think there is a DX fisheye which is 6.5 or 8mm but I'm not sure.
So, you will not get the black surrounding frame on your D7000. You might be able to add it in post processing though.

emoxley

Sorry, but you won't be able to get that effect on the D7000. The D7000's sensor only captures 1/1.5 the image on a full frame (FX).
The 16mm fish eye is made to cover the entire FX frame. I think there is a DX fisheye which is 6.5 or 8mm but I'm not sure.
So, you will not get the black surrounding frame on your D7000. You might be able to add it in post processing though.
I agree and was about to say the same thing. I can't believe it got this far without being said.
The only fisheye lens that Nikon shows on their site, for a DX camera, is the 10.5mm. I don't think even that lens will give you the circle picture like is being shown. Sigma makes two lenses that will do that for you. They have an 8mm f/3.5 and a 4.5mm f/2.8, and both are kinda pricey. They both are over $1200 each.