Interesting playback issue

MickSwell

Hello All,

Im a newbie here and I wondering about something on my D3100. After I take photos and then click on the playback option to view the photos something weird seems to be happening, or it may be normal. Every time I go through the photos by click either left or right the photo seems to "zoom out" as if its focusing every time I want to view the picture. I don't know how to explain it but I see the picture "move". I am not talking about the slide in transition effect, I have that off. The photo basically changes and then seems to adjust, focus, or zoom out. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this or knows if it normal or not. I would like to know to see if I have a faulty camera. Thanks very much.

Mick

Eye-level

Banned
That IS strange. It has to be some kind of setting I would think or perhaps something weird with the card. Have you tried a different card?

seanm

Go to Menu/Display Mode/Transition Effects and see if you are set to Zoom/Fade. Maybe that is what you mean?

MickSwell

Hey Sean, thanks for your input. But my transition effects are all off. I went into a Samy's camera today and spoke to an employee. He told me that the lag is due to the d3100 not having as fast as a motor as other cameras and that tiny lag or movement in the photo is just the camera processing the image.

seanm

Hmmm... Maybe I am not sensitive to it, but I do not see the lag you are speaking of. Did you compare it to another d3100 at the shop? Could a slow SQ card cause this?

speedfreak

Happens to me also, it is a normal process which appears as a result when camera processor is busy doing something else in the background, and at the same time you try to view the image. It gets very pixelated, and than becoming nicer and nicer. Tris happens a lot if you shoot in continues mode with Raw Files. Don't worry, everything is ok with your camera! The same thing will happen if you upload very large PNG image to the internet, and than try to view it in your browser!

§am

I find turning image review off, and then viewing them later manually is a lot better/faster then seeing each picture 'reviewed' after you take the shot