New to the d7000 world

eurotrash

I just invested in a d7k. I came from the 5100, which served it's purpose, but I really didn't get on with it like i thought I would. I'd honestly thought about buying the 7k before I pulled trigger on the 5100, but at the time, the price was too much. Now, having a better job, I can afford all the nice things.:rolleyes:

Anyways, just wanted to say "HI!", and I look forward to meeting some new people in this section of the forums . :tongue-new:

Kamesh

I was to pick up d5100 or d90, but I stretched myself too far to avoid regret.

Great choice :) :thumbup:

From my Galaxy S2 (Tapatalk 2)

eurotrash

So far, I really just like the shutter sound, with it's soft "click" as opposed to the cheaper "CLACK" of the lower end cameras, haha. I'm certain that I'll find a ton more that I really like more, but I just haven't had time to go shoot much since I got it yesterday.

Phillydog1958

So far, I really just like the shutter sound, with it's soft "click" as opposed to the cheaper "CLACK" of the lower end cameras, haha. I'm certain that I'll find a ton more that I really like more, but I just haven't had time to go shoot much since I got it yesterday.

I recently bought my wife her first and last DSLR as an anniversary gift. It's the cute, little, red D3100. :D She loves it. The shutter sound on the D3100 has an electronic sound versus the more mechanical-sounding shutter of the D7000. Last night, I was cleaning her lenses, I started playing with the shutter. I actually like the electronic sound of the D3100 over the D7000. It's a little quieter and sounds a bit cooler, to me.

alex_c

Haha, I like how you think... the shutter click is what really got to me while playing with the D7000 at Best Buy. It really sounded like a pro camera -at least to me- and one thing led to another after that, until I got the 7000. Indeed a great choice!

Sambr

You guys would freak if you heard the sound of the shutter on my D3s especially at 9fpm. Yes I have acD7000 too and I like it a lot great little cam for when I want to travel light :)

Phillydog1958

Yeah and a back up for you (that she will tote around) don't try to BS us sir...LOL :)

Actually, Jeff she's grown so attached to that camera that if I asked to borrow it, it would be like trying to take a cub from a mother bear. In her eyes, her D3100 is a D4. All she knows is that she has a little, red, DSLR that allows her to switch lenses and it takes great pics, too. ;)

Last edited:

eurotrash

I looked at the D3s as well but...I like traveling light ALL THE TIME :D
That really is the main reason I didn't buy..that and it didn't really fit in my camera bag..