Goodbye, 5100..

eurotrash

I just left you for a D7000 today, we had some good times. You taught me a lot, and you gave me so much and asked little in return. And don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have known you. It's just time for me to move on. I've been eyeing the 7000 for some time now behind your back, and the curves, pro features and viewfinder lured me into making a move. It's not you, it's me. I'll still always remember you though. You'll always be in my thoughts when I'm out shooting.

$330 for my 5100 and an excellent price of $996 made me pull the trigger today. Along with my 5100 I sold my crappy 70-300 which, I'm sure some of you remember me posting about at random times. All in all, I think I scored a good deal. Even if something new is right around the corner, I don't think I'll miss out too much.

Rick M

Yes, l;et us know how you like it. I'm holding out a bit longer, but may make the same move if I don't see anything I like by November.

WhiteLight

Congratulations :)

my friend has a 7000 and i tried it after using the 5100, its really awesome.

been reading rumors all over the place that the 7100 is just around the corner too...

good luck & happy shooting

eurotrash

I could have waited for the possible upgrade. But it's just that. "Possible." I figured, anything could happen. And really, do I need the newest sensor on the block at 24mpx? I can already print at LEAST 20x30, right? And ISO...Well, fast primes. 'Nuf said. Build quality, ergonomics, pentaprism viewfinder, dedicated buttons, user modes, and the overall menu system just..just sold me on it.

silvercreek

I'll stick with my 5100 for now. Heck I'm still getting familiar with it and haven't figured everything out yet and the 5100 is plenty camera for my needs.