Crackling AF

Red Rover

My D7000 makes a crackling sound from the speaker while auto focusing and does not beep when AF is confirmed while shooting in AF-S. It is in my local service center to be callibrated due to back focus issues and fix the AF sound.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Dooku77

My D7000 makes a crackling sound from the speaker while auto focusing and does not beep when AF is confirmed while shooting in AF-S. It is in my local service center to be callibrated due to back focus issues and fix the AF sound.

Has anyone else experienced this?

How long have you had it? I've had mine for 4 months an I haven't had one issue. I only had to tweak a setting on one of my lenses in the fine adjustment menu.

Red Rover

It had a back focus issue that needed callibration and the service center pointed out the "crackling" when I took it in. I had it two weeks before taking it in. I did the fine adjustment to -20 and it was still back focusing.

Dooku77

Holy moly!! -20?!?!?! I only had to adjust -3. Sorry to hear that. Hope it doesn't ruin your opinion of such a great camera. Keep us posted.

Dave_W

The Dude
There has to be an issue with the camera and/or the lens. If you're past 15 either way then there's a problem. Contact Nikon service and send it or the lens or both in.