Non Functional Bronica SQ-Ai Body

SamSpade1941

A few weeks ago I posted in the forums that I had traded for a pair of Bronica SQ-Ai cameras with some lenses , and that one of the bodies was non functional. I would like to sell or trade off the non functional body for something I can use. What I am looking for is a lens for my Nikon camera I would prefer it be an AF D Nikkor and would love to get a 50mm but to be honest beggars cant be choosers in this department. I will pretty much consider any lens for a Nikon, AI, AI S, AF D Series E, Tamron, Sigma, Vivitar, pretty much what ever. I would like it to be one I can mount to both my cameras to be honest. Obviously I am not looking for a new lens and am not obtuse enough to think I will get one for a non functional camera body. My point point being I will consider just about any lens that is offered as long as it is for a NIKON mount. The only thing I require is that the lens be free of fungus. internal dust is no big deal as long as IQ is not affected.

Back to the Bronica SQ-Ai with as many specifics as possible it will come with what you see in the photo, LET ME BE CLEAR it does not work. End of story, you will be buying the camera to either use the prism which is serviceable but not in pristine shape, and the focusing screen which is also serviceable but not in pristine shape. Oh yes there is a perfectly good dark slide as well. Those three parts alone are worth around $100 most likely if you need them. Also there is a possibility you may feel like sending the whole body to Koh's camera in NY and having them service it as I understand they are the Authorized Bronica service center. Or if you are a wizard with camera repair you may want to try it yourself, I don't know. I just want to be plain that if you make a trade for this body you are getting the camera for parts or to have it repaired.

The good side I only want $70 plus actual shipping for the camera. If you trade me a lens for the camera and again I am open to a wide variety of trade options on the lens. We would each be responsible for shipping.

I am more than happy to provide you with references and contact information should you be interested in working out a trade or purchase of this camera body. Thanks !
SQ AI 2.jpgSQ AI 3.jpgSQ AI.jpg

SamSpade1941

I will trade you for my brick, which also makes for a great paper weight :):)

Hi D5100 I know you are trying to be light hearted and all and I want to take your chiding in good nature, but honestly I don't make a habit of trolling trader ads. Just so you are aware since you don't appear to be educated in this matter.

Did you know that the prism on this particular camera is worth around $100 if you need one?

Did you also know that the focusing screen usually brings around $40 if you need one ?

Also lastly but not least the dark slide for the magazine if you need one is usually around $20 cause you usually cant locate one by it self.

I imagined my asking price of $70 was pretty fair to be very honest. Just getting a lens in trade would have been great. Please don't troll my ad if you don't understand what you are looking at. No camera body does not work but the parts you are getting alone if YOU need them are worth what I am asking.

Thanks again for your interest, have a blessed day.