Need help resizing a pic!!!!

simplysweet

I am new to this photography world.. I am trying to print at an online site,a 16 x 20, and the picture is getting cut off. how do i resize this picture to fit?? I am using picasa software. i am using a nikon 3100. I have tried everything and is just not working.... i am trying to print at adoromapic.com

Any help will be greatly appreciated... I have never had this issue before

Eye-level

Banned
You know you can get pics that size at most Walgreens drug stores...same deal you can send it online and then go pick up your print.

As for resizing I am not familiar with Picasa.

KWJams

Not sure what the menu options at the online site you are using, but make sure you don't check any boxes that say crop to fit. There should be a print preview option.

Not much, but hope this helps

Carolina Photo Guy

I am new to this photography world.. I am trying to print at an online site,a 16 x 20, and the picture is getting cut off. how do i resize this picture to fit?? I am using picasa software. i am using a nikon 3100. I have tried everything and is just not working.... i am trying to print at adoromapic.com

Any help will be greatly appreciated... I have never had this issue before

Here is the root of your problem. You have a picture that is straight out of the camera as a 4608 pixels by 3072 pixels.

You want a picture that is 16 inches by 20 inches. What you want is a picture that is a very large 4 X 5. That is the ratio of the image that you want.

Your pixel count is not a close 4 X 5 so you HAVE to crop it smaller.

I ain't the best at explaining this, but I have the same camera as you and it took me a while to get used to it. So now, I just get farther back so I have plenty of crop room.

Hope this helps.

nikonpup

PICASA does not have a resize feature. You can try this in PICASA select crop select ADD CUSTOM ASPECT RATIO in pop up box type in 16 x 20 then select what you want in your print (not sure if this will work) or google resize and you will have a number of option for resizing photos.

I AM BAD. PICASA does have a resize feature click file click export. You can click help search resize in PICASA.

Last edited: