Garage sale bonanza!

KWJams

Not sure how this will work but yesterday I scored a Sanyo 12" x 9" HDTV at a garage sale for $5.00 and it works.
Looks like one of those small sets for an RV trailer or something where you sit less than 5 feet away from.

Now, I am not sure if it can be done easily or is practical but for 5 bucks how much of a gamble is it. But I want to hook my camera up to it to review my images in HD as a way to sort through them.

Anybody have any experiance or tips on getting this done? Will this eat up camera battery and not be practical?

Carolina Photo Guy

Not sure how this will work but yesterday I scored a Sanyo 12" x 9" HDTV at a garage sale for $5.00 and it works.
Looks like one of those small sets for an RV trailer or something where you sit less than 5 feet away from.

Now, I am not sure if it can be done easily or is practical but for 5 bucks how much of a gamble is it. But I want to hook my camera up to it to review my images in HD as a way to sort through them.

Anybody have any experiance or tips on getting this done? Will this eat up camera battery and not be practical?

If you have an HDMI input on the back of the TV then all you need is a HDMI to HDMI "C" cable and you're set to go!

Hope this helps.

Pete

joecap

I used to drive by all the Yard sale signs on Fridays & Saturdays.
Now I stop.. I also have been finding some great items..Great deals..
Yard sales you can bargin with. Fea's you can't do much..

KWJams

I hear ya Joe, she wanted $10.00 for it and asked if she would take $5.00. She thought for a second and said that for $5.00 she wouldn't have to carry it back in the house. SOLD!

No HDMI cable, Just RCA jacks and that round AV port whatever its called???

Carolina Photo Guy

I hear ya Joe, she wanted $10.00 for it and asked if she would take $5.00. She thought for a second and said that for $5.00 she wouldn't have to carry it back in the house. SOLD!

No HDMI cable, Just RCA jacks and that round AV port whatever its called???

STILL no prob. All you need is just about any point and shoot camera cable to go from the output jack to the video input jack on the back of the TV.

I have one from my old Canon 3100I that I used to use with the D70.

All you have to do is to compare the length of the small jack.

Don't push it in too hard and you should be okay.

Just think "wedding night"! :)

BTW... That round AV port is called the S-Video.

How-ever, if it does not have an HDMI input, it AIN'T HD. It's just a flat screen.

Last edited:

ABN Panzer

KWJams

Thanks Panzer, I already have one that came with my camera but never tried hooking up to a TV before.

I am more curious about whether or not anybody else has an experience hooking up to a TV or will it even be practical to try and sort through pictures on a card while the card is in my camera -- or will a card reader work ???? Just thinking out loud here. Or hook it up to my PC and then I can at least view slide shows that I can't do while it is hooked to the camera.
Right now I have so many other projects going on I don't have much time to drag my manual out and try to sort it out at least for a few days.