Noooo? D7000 listed as discontinued

Dooku77

I knew this day was coming but I was hoping it wouldn't be until much later. The D90 didn't meet it's untimely demise until just recently.

AC016

Well, if it is true (website could have made mistake, let's wait a few days), you know what's coming next ;) Remember that the D700 was just discontinued. So perhaps someone at Amazon Germany did not read the camera model right - D700 D7000 look alike when looked at fast. Even Adobe has made the mistake just recently.

Last edited:

Dooku77

Well, if it is true (website could have made mistake, let's wait a few days), you know what's coming next ;) Remember that the D700 was just discontinued. So perhaps someone at Amazon Germany did not read the camera model right - D700 D7000 look alike when looked at fast. Even Adobe has made the mistake just recently.

Yes you are correct. I read this in my pre coffee state this morning.

AC016

Yes you are correct. I read this in my pre coffee state this morning.

Ha, jsut getting through my first now. Well, you never know what Nikon will do next. I think that the D7000 is set to be replaced early 2013 though. But this is toooo early.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
You guys are over reacting. If you are basing your "news" from Nikon rumors, better look closely from the add. If you know when the D700 & D7000 released dates and compare the dates on the add, you will find your answer.

AC016

Me don't thinks anyone is overreacting. Okay, so the D7000 came out in 2010, 3rd quarter; therefore, they have really bad info on their website. I don't think either one of us - after some coffee - thought that this was remotely true. D7000 will go on until about mid 2013.

Last edited:

AC016

[h=2]Below is the actual info from Amazon.de. I have no idea how they could have had the camera since 2007. But, what was posted on NikonRumors was in no way manipulated. This is either a big mistake on Amazon.de part or, it could be true, but i highly doubt it.

Produktinformation[/h]
Technische Details D7000 [PDF]

AC016

If you look at the listing for the D700, there is no mention of it being discontinued. Conclusion: big error on the part of Amazon.de, lol :)

Dooku77

Yes it could have been the placement of an extra zero but no one knows for sure. I found an article on ubergizmo.
The rest of the article states the same
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345828290.607532.jpg