D7000 wet sensor cleaning

crisscross

There was an unbelievable number of dust spots after my last trip. I tried cleaning with Arctic Butterfly brush several times, but always one or two would not go away. Time for swabbing the decks! I used to do it regularly with D80, but no one kit was distinctly reliable.

I am pleased to report that I have just done it successfully using the 'Visible Dust' wet kit VisibleDust. Arctic Butterfly sensor brush, cleaning liquids, loupe, swabs. followed by a final Arctic Butterfly brush

This is approaching the 10k frames and I change lenses a lot (16-85 to 80-400)

If anyone who has done it a bit on previous cameras but doesn't wish to wreck a newish D7000, I would say go ahead. If no previous experience, just be very careful, remove everything possible dry first and note the web instructions, which are fuller than in the package

A bit expensive for 4 swabs, but better if only 1 every 10k frames & the swabs look so much more robust than various self-assembly and pre-packs I have used before, I will be tempted to clean them and re-use. Anyone done that?

BTW a lot of people say they never get sensor dust, but it only comes visible if you squeeze every tone out of the sky. Using DxO as 1st stop PP, the problem is you have to use the dust tool on the UNPROCESSED image, where, sure they aren't visible! So all the bore of generating and storing a .tif to go elsewhere, no thanks

crisscross

I am in UK and paid equivalent of $27.50. Amazon UK list it a bit cheaper, but are out of stock! I have most other cleaning accessories from D80 days

stmv

good for you, I used to get a lot of dust but then developed a bit more careful habits of tilting down, staying downwind, and mimimizing the time between the lens swap. I am as brave as you, so when the bunnies finnally do become a problem, I drop off for a full cleaning (120 dollars) about every 2 years,