Which SD cards to use ?

woaussie

Will be getting a 7000 series camera not to far off. With 2 card slots I was looking at the SanDisc SDHC Extreme Pro 16 or 32 gb cards or the Transcend SDHC 16 or 32 gb UHS-1 bothe class 10 cards or Lexar. I probally will do a little video but not very often. I will primarly be doing regular photographs. I have a video camera for videos but in a pinch not having it with me could use the 7000 instead if I had to.
Will the 16gb cards do it ok? Do I need to step up to 32gb cards. It does not have to be these three manufacrures. I would like good quality cards without breaking the bank. All help appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

eurotrash

As large as you think you'll need and make sure it's fast. Longer vides require faster speeds.
I've been fine with my Sandisk Extreme 30mb/s cards, but they're only 8GB. For video I use my cheapie Micro Center 16GB class 10's. You could get away with class 6 cards too. Class 10 doesn't always mean class 10, as my Micro Center cards will prove.. I'm sure that a few 16GB Extreme cards would suit you just fine :)

Tami Jo

Sandisk Extreme class 10 and also Lexar is good. I have used PNY in the past but have found them a bit less unreliable.