Not a new member but

theregsy

I haven't been out with a camera for a while and have been neglecting Nikonites, sorry. I had a bit of an accident involving a ford focus doing a U-turn without checking his mirrors right in front of me on my motorcycle, I think I got a 5.9 for the somersault over the roof, but minus several hundred for the landing. Thankfully nothing broken just a bit battered and bruised but hurt my back a bit and the D2x is no lightweight. Anyway everything is working again (more or less) and have managed a 3 day music festival and 2 days at a Nostalgia weekend at Croft racing circuit. So a big hello to all my old friends on here and a hello to all the new members I have missed, sorry, but hey the more the merrier.

With a bit of luck more pics, comments and stuff from me, see you all around :)

Carolina Photo Guy

I haven't been out with a camera for a while and have been neglecting Nikonites, sorry. I had a bit of an accident involving a ford focus doing a U-turn without checking his mirrors right in front of me on my motorcycle, I think I got a 5.9 for the somersault over the roof, but minus several hundred for the landing. Thankfully nothing broken just a bit battered and bruised but hurt my back a bit and the D2x is no lightweight. Anyway everything is working again (more or less) and have managed a 3 day music festival and 2 days at a Nostalgia weekend at Croft racing circuit. So a big hello to all my old friends on here and a hello to all the new members I have missed, sorry, but hey the more the merrier.

With a bit of luck more pics, comments and stuff from me, see you all around :)

DUDE!
I'm just glad that you didn't bust nuthin' you really need! Anything I can do to help, just let me know.

:triumphant: Good on ya! :triumphant:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice to hear from you Regsy,

Darn scary stuff can sure happen fast. Makes you think of the Providence or Luck or whatever… I just hope you heal well and don't suffer too long from this event.

Welcome back and it'll be nice to see your pics again.

theregsy

I don't think the insurance will manage a D4 or D800 but with a bit of luck a D700 might be on the cards :)
Thankfully I have the reactions of a sloth so by the time I knew what was happening I had landed on my backside on the other side of the car, proving the old adage that fat bikers bounce better apparently I was suffering from the equivalent of whiplash in my lower back. After escaping hospital on the 3rd attempt (all in the same day, took 3 tries to walk out of A&E to the exit) I was at the local bike dealers 3 days later and another 3 days after that managed to pick up a new bike, Honda Deauville 650 used but in good nick and ride her home. Thanks for the messages people its good to be back :)