I bought a lens hood today.

TedG954

It's a snap on Pro-Master. I'm hoping it will help to eliminate flares.

[h=1]HB-45 Replacement Lens Hood for Nikon[/h]
  • [h=2]Features[/h]Use a lens hood to prevent light from hitting the front lens element from the sides, thereby reducing contrast and creating flare. Pictures taken with a lens hood will generally have richer colors and deeper saturation. Lens hoods also add additional protection for your lens.

PROMASTER replacement lens hoods are super high quality with excellent fit and finish.

CustomThumb.asp

Last edited:

fotojack

Which lens was this hood for, Ted? The 18-55? I have the old style screw in rubber lens hood that I just hate. I'll have to pick this one up.

TedG954

Which lens was this hood for, Ted? The 18-55? I have the old style screw in rubber lens hood that I just hate. I'll have to pick this one up.

Jack.... yes, it is for the 18-55. The price at my local camera shop is $19.95 (it says $49 on the ProMaster site). It snaps on and off easily. The part number is listed in the earlier post.

stmv

I have lens hoods lying in piles, I just hate them, yes yes,, good practice, but they take up room, interfere with the lens cap, pain when you are switching lens all the time. so,, I tend to look at my photo, and occasionally am forced to use my hand to prevent a ghost. once in a great while a small ghost will slip in, and then it clone time, but I figure the trade-off of not dealing with those buggers is worth it.

but glad you found solid example.

fotojack

Hey Ted...I picked up that HB-45 today at my local camera shot. The price on the box says $18.51. It's a Nikon hood, and fits perfectly on my 18-55. I never liked the rubber collapsible one that I had on there. The click on hood is much better for me. Thanks for letting me know about those new hoods, Ted. :)

Oh......and while I was there, my buddy at the camera store gave me a pack of gel filters. They're samples, but they can be used in front of my SB-700 to give different effects.

Attachments

• hood & gels 2.jpg
    hood & gels 2.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 139

TedG954

Well Jack, you got a better deal. Good for you. I figured STMV would have sent you a couple from the piles of hoods he has. ;)