what lense is this?

dobiemania

Hi there I'm new to the forum! I got my d3000 in december and am still getting used to it as I have never had a dslr before! I was at a wedding at the weekend and seen some lovely pictures afterwards and was just wondering could anyone tell me what kind of lense this is? Thank you!

Attachments

• 481954_10151109512490664_2000041481_n.jpg
    481954_10151109512490664_2000041481_n.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 119

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
First I'd like to welcome you to the forum (insert your name here).

This used to be a mask over the lens shade in the old film days or was dome by dodging in the darkroom when enlarging. Now this is easily done in post processing and is called "vignette". Most post processing programs have this option.

Please take time to fill your profile, camera, lenses, where you are from so we can answer your questions more pertinently.

dobiemania

Thank you Marcel for the warm welcome and the quick response! You speak of post processing programmes, do you mean photoshop? can you recommend a good programme for me to download to enhance my pictures?

I shall fill out my profile now!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Thank you Marcel for the warm welcome and the quick response! You speak of post processing programmes, do you mean photoshop? can you recommend a good programme for me to download to enhance my pictures?

I shall fill out my profile now!

There are many photo processing software. The most popular ones being Lightroom, photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or Gimp. If you a re an Apple user, Aperture is good and not too expensive. You can download evaluation versions of most of these and see which one you feel better with. All of them need some time to be tamed but there are a lot of tutorials on Youtube for most.