Memory cards.

Craig

When using memory cards,should they both be of the same capacity and should they be only the brands as noted in the manual?
I bought a 32gb and when I installed it I got an err message.I checked with my computer and it works ok.Any Ideas?

Claudia!

have you updated the software on your camera? I use to have this problem until I updated my camera. You may also need to format the memory card within your camera. Hope that helps.

always format the card in the camera and you can use any combination of Classes and sizes remembering if you have the cards set to make a duplicate then the smaller card gives the available exposure count.
A class 4 card will give no better performance when shooting but will download slower to the computer than a class 10

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Did you make sure the card was not locked? I have a few cards where the lock switch is kind of loose and I sometimes get that message when the locking switch gets moved while inserting the card in the camera. The computer will read it but have you tried to write to the card as well?

Craig

Yes I have formatted the card in the camera and I have also loaded and unloaded it on my computer. I will look at the update option.

if you formated in camera and its not working right take it back ...only use a reputabe brand ..card usually fail soon after purchase if they are bad then no problem. I leave I card in the top slot and dont move it and use others in the bottom that I take out for download to computer...

Mrmover

always format the card in the camera and you can use any combination of Classes and sizes remembering if you have the cards set to make a duplicate then the smaller card gives the available exposure count.
A class 4 card will give no better performance when shooting but will download slower to the computer than a class 10

I disagree buffer will clear faster with higher speed sd card. I use San Disk Extreme Pro UHS1. Compared to a class 6 buffer clears at least twice as fast.

Craig

I have tried all the suggestions and it still shows ERR.Even tried it in my Panasonic G10 and it formatted and worked ok.My D7k is up to date with firmware so it looks like it is not going to accept the this card.

Craig

It realy isnot faulty as it works ok in another camera I own and uploads and downloads from my desktop,it is just that the D7000 doesn't like it.

Only panasonic have issues with some cards eg Xacti etc ..

If it wont work with Nikon its faulty take it back ..take your camera ..show them ..try another ...how difficult is it ...