Amazing

Stangman98

I went out this morning and shot the ocean sunrise in North Carolina. I had my D300 on the tripod and was hand shooting my D80 with my 70-200 2.8 glass. I forgot how great the D80 is. I have been so wrapped up in my 300 that my D80 doesn't see much work. This morning I think I took about 100 shots with the 80. I think I will have to make a habit of that now.
It's just a reminded not to forget about your older equipment.

Geoffc

It's good that the D80 produced some nice results, however when would you leave home with the D80 instead of the D300?

grandpaw

I shoot with a D7000 and have experienced the same thing using my D90 and remembering just how great a camera it is. I don't know if I would leave the D7000 home and just take the D90 but it sure is nice to know I have a backup camera that is capable. Knowing that I can put a second lens on it and get great pictures also is a big plus.
Jeff

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
My D90 is in the car most of the time. And when I go cycling, it's the one that goes into my handlebar bag. For normal daylight shots, it still produces great files and definition is more than fine for my needs.

I agree that it's good to use old equipment at least so when the time comes to use it as a backup you'll still remember how it works.

Geoffc

Knowing that I can put a second lens on it and get great pictures also is a big plus.
Jeff

That's a good point. I did a wedding recently (not as the main photographer) and thought two bodies would have been really handy. Even my D70 would have been good as it takes pics just as good as the day I bought it and now I've got better glass to go on it.