Swingers (beware - more images of grandkids)

Dave_W

The Dude
You all might get the impression that I only take photos of my grandkids since that's about all I post. I do take other photos but for some reason the images I take of these two bring me a lot of happiness. The color effect I'm going for is a Velvia-like look with a soft contrast to it, almost the old classic movie star glow. I like this image a lot, especially my grandson's expression in the background. It captures him to a tee!

My personal critique of this image is the metal portion of the swing across my grand daughter's face. It would have been nice if it weren't there across her face however she is a small person and that's how small people look when they sit in a swing so there's not a lot I can do. If I were to photoshop it away it would look like a magic swing and that's not really what I was looking for.

D7000; 50mm f/1.8G; ISO-100; F-2.5; 1/1000 sec

View attachment 13299

I realize some here are a bit nervous about posting photos of kids and I can respect that. But I refuse to be held captive to my fears, real or imagined, and there will always be bad people out there who do bad things regardless what the good people in this world do or don't do.