Tips for a new guy? Chastin from Jonesboro, AR :)

Chastin

Hey guys! I have always had fascination and interest in photography. Yesterday I decided to start chasing that interest. I don't know much about cameras, but a few google searches later I decided on the new Nikon D3200 and fell in love with it(first DSLR). So what advise would you give me? I put it in manual mode and played around with my ISO but thats about it. I need to start trying to grasp the concept on ISO, shutter, aperature, etc. I want to take photo's of just about everything but mainly cars and urban environments. They are tearing down a old movie theatre and I snapped a few shots of it but i'm not pleased with my abilites thus far. :p My budget is tight and i'd like to stick with my kit lens(18-55mm) for a while. It's been a little discouraging trying to soak everything in but I could see maybe making a career out of it as I have loved it so far.

But anyway, here's a few sample pictures of the style i'd like to experiment with. (These aren't mine, and if it's against the forum rules to post these examples please let me know)

22/365 5.0 Sunset | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
DSC_3428 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Abandoned | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Abandoned Building in Okinawa | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
DSC_3427 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!