B&W of Neighbor

AK Badger

geeno_original.jpg

Hubby surprised me with my first DSLR for my birthday after I became obsessed with his for a few months. Before then, I really only took snapshots with my point and shoot (or my phone, :rolleyes:). So I'm in the early stages of learning more about photography and post processing, and I'd love to hear some feedback on one of my favorite shots I've taken to date.

This shot is of my neighbor, who probably thought I was a crazy woman for taking pictures of everything while we were hanging out. It was a warm, comfortable day, and he'd just gotten done with a bunch of yard work and was just relaxing while we chatted about whatever.

EXIF
Camera: Nikon D7000
Exposure: 1/250 at 5.6
Focal Length: 35mm
ISO: 400
Lens: AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm 1.8G

Any feedback is welcome. I'm so early into this that I don't know what I don't know. Some things I like about it is his expression I caught, and how I captured the porches of the houses behind him framing each other.

Thanks for looking!

fotojack

What I like about this shot is the clarity, focus and composition. Nicely done.....and congrats on your new camera. :) Now it's just a matter of reading your manual, and practice, practice practice. :)

AK Badger

Thanks very much for the feedback!

I'm almost through the manual. Can't believe how involved it is! I figure finish that, read Mastering the Nikon D7000, wait 6 months... and read the manual again, lol. Then MAYBE I'll know have a good idea of everything this camera can do. Maybe.