Shorncliffe Pier

Nokkie

Please Critique.This is my local Pier it has been at risk for being demolished but thankfully due to public support its been saved.
Copy of Shroncliffe Jetty.JPG Exif Data
A1/25
F22
ISO 800
55mm

Snap Happy

Nice shot, I like the converging lines, nice warm tones, textures, shadow and sharpness. The sky is a bit washed out, maybe you could burn it in just a touch so it does not look as washed out? Did you try shooting underneath the pier? Was it blocked off or dangerous to do so. By the way.... I used to attend St. Pat's Collage at Shorncliffe in the late 70's :)

Nokkie

Hi Snap Happy
Thank You :) This is straight off my camera im not very good at editing you are more than welcome to have a go. I did get a couple of shots from under the pier but didn't really have appropriate footwear on .They have the entrance to the pier blocked off hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Do you still live in Brisbane? it can be a small world.

Snap Happy

Hi there, I did a quick edit on the small file. Darkened the sky a little, added some warmth and just a touch sharpness, used the burn in tool and slight "S" curve. :)

No I don't live in Brisbane anymore, I moved down south to be with family. :)

Copy of Shroncliffe Jetty.JPG

Snap Happy

I will be living in Port Macquarie soon, Tamworth is just inland from Port. :) I was born and bred in Brisbane and lived in Queensland for many many years. Thanks for letting me have a quick edit of your pic. I am sure you will find many here who have their own style and taste. There is lots more ways of doing it. As the saying goes... There is more then one way to skin a cat. LOL