Wanted: Tips & Suggestions. Free Parking.

TedG954

Finding the "happy median" when working with HDE. Some subjects look really good with the wild end of the HDR spectrum. Others just need a little tweeking. I believe that's the real lesson that needs to be learned. I am enjoying the process a great deal, so any tips or suggestions will be appreciated.

Here are a couple of different results.

View attachment 12614

View attachment 12615

Eye-level

Banned
Try using one image altered with some kind of post processing software into two or three different images and then recombined. Eg. Nikon HDR made from one unique image that was PP into three and then HDR'd. I find the effect to be more realistic looking but the hdr still makes it pop if you ask me.

nikonF2.jpg

TedG954

Try using one image altered with some kind of post processing software into two or three different images and then recombined. Eg. Nikon HDR made from one unique image that was PP into three and then HDR'd. I find the effect to be more realistic looking but the hdr still makes it pop if you ask me.

Excellent suggestion! Below is a series of a photo being processed.

From top to bottom: Directly from the camera. / Some post-processing as I would normally do. / Your suggestion.

View attachment 12757

While this was only an experiment, I believe the results are worth far more than the price of admission.

Thank you very much.

Eye-level

Banned
Seascapes are always going to be cool with hdr effects. Add a figure in there adroitly like and they become even more cool!

What is the best focal length for a seascape do you think? :)

If you have access to places like that I think you need exploit the photo opportunities and maybe just using hdr.

Last edited: