Silver & Light - a truly unique camera

Eye-level

Banned
OK Rick...one more just for you sir...this is truly remarkable...I'm going to build a camera no one else has. :)

[video=vimeo;39578584]http://vimeo.com/39578584[/video]

westmill

Banned
Re: Street Photography

Beautifully put together video ! He has made a giant pin hole camera lol. I kinda know just how he feels too. There was something very special about the darkroom. I feel its one of those things that can not be understood by anyone bought up on digital. I still get a bit of a buzz creating a picture but not nearly as great as buzz you got in the darkroom. :) It was like hogwarts... a place of magic :D

I got into photography when my wife was pregnant with our first child. I had told her we couldn't have a child without a good camera. I built a darkroom in our house and tool a photography course. Some our my favorite memories are in that darkroom. I love Photoshop and it can do so much more BUT I miss the darkroom.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Darkroom days were fun for sure. But too much dark could get depressing too (50+hrs/week)

Eye-level

Banned
I like that van in the video it is the whole shooting match. A big rolling camera that you can stand inside of!

I am going to get myself a simple little B&W roll processing get up after vacation and before Christmas hopefully that is about as darkroom as I want to get. Then I'll digitally scan the negatives! So much crap to buy!

It would be cool to have some bigger format stuff but processing is such a PITA...

Does Nikon make digital view cameras? I know they make/made lenses for them.

Last edited: