I'm sorry if you're not interested, but this is historical..........

TedG954

View attachment 12255

I am a Kent State University alum ('71) and this was the classic David (Kent) and Goliath (Florida) scenario. This is the first time KSU has made it to the College World Series. They haven't won it all, yet. But this is still historic. So, I'm telling everyone about it. And that includes you.

bluenoser

Banned
Hi Ted. Well I'm not familiar with the history of the college world series but I love a good David and Goliath story! :) Congrats! Sounds like a heck of an achievement for KSU!

TedG954

Hi Ted. Well I'm not familiar with the history of the college world series but I love a good David and Goliath story! :) Congrats! Sounds like a heck of an achievement for KSU!

And it is! Kent State has only been "known" for the shootings that occurred there in 1970. I was there then, and I'm still a fan. KSU was considered to be a Cinderella team and not really expected to do much. Whereas, Florida is a powerhouse and well known for all of its sports teams. Thanks for the kind thought.

Was kind of shocked to see:

Canon.jpg

Kent State beating Florida University IS interesting, however the Canon commercial is not...