Serene

Nokkie

Hi
Would relly love some feedback on this Please :D Serene.jpg
EXP 1/200 f/80 ISO 200Serene.jpg

Last edited:

Mike150

Hey Nokkie.
I'm not a pro, nor am I an artistic type. I just know what I like or dislike.
I like the concept of the shot, but to me it has more of an "eerie" look than "serene" one. It's something you might see as a background in a horror film. (And I love horror films)

All the black at the top pulls my eye away from the rest of the picture. Perhaps cropping it into more of a panorama effect would help. I'm also a bit confused about the rounded corners at the bottom. These also distracts the eye. Try your crop starting at the top of the blue fringe (before the black starts) and end it in the water just above the rounded corners.

Nokkie

Hi Mike
Thank You i was going to call it Eerie but i saved it under serene & mustve had a blond moment lol . Tried the crop you suggested i do feel though that when i reduced the size of the pic the quqlity reduces so the black dosnt look as good as when its in full

westmill

Banned
Im with both mike and grandpaw basicly.
Great pics with great mood and colouring etc. Works for me as a picture but I think it would look better without the distracting black accross the top. Just my personal opinion of course :)

Pierro

Interesting subject, and you've captured ' eerie ' to a degree, but i think this type of shot ( just my 2 cents you understand ) would have benefitted from using the wide end of your 18-55 ( kit lens ? ) There is, as mentioned already, a blue or blue-ish / mauve-ish cast all over the frame, but perhaps this was intentional ? If so, 'fraid it doesnt work for me, but thats a personal thing. I think the biggest problem is focus, as the whole scene is blurred. Either the lens has mis-focused, or you have wobbled at the point of shot

How did you shoot the scene, if you can remember. I know i dont always recall whether I used a tripod or handheld, or shot before VR had settled ( if using a VR lens ) but it would be helpful
to know exactly what went on

Last edited: