greetings from socal!

m3monkey

Hello everyone!
Cant wait for tomorrow to come. my d7000 will be knocking on my door along with a AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens. I've been a photo junkie since i was a little boy and love every moment of photography. I've had film cameras and the very early digital slr d100. I cant believe they are only worth about 200 bucks now. I sold my d5000 so i can upgrade to the d7000. I also own and use my canon g10 as a daily point&shoot camera. The only other lens I have is a AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G. Cant wait!! Love the forum here. Very informative, I'll definitely be here alot to learn and help out where I can!

26 Things is a photohunt project I entered taken with various types of camera several years ago. Please check it out if you like.

new-old.jpg

Thanks for having me!!
~cheers

RickSawThat

Welcome to the site. I'm from SoCal too (North Hollywood).

We look forward to having you participate and post your pictures! Congrats on the new camera, great choice :)

miknoypinoy

hey another SoCal member. I live in the orange county area. welcome to nikonites and congrats on the d7000 (I own one of those too ) be ready for some punishment and a big learning curve on that model coming from a d100/d5000 (the d7000 is a great camera by the way when you get it down). search some of the threads here on it if you already havnt. again welcome.

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .

Last edited:

bluenoser

Banned
Hello and welcome to Nikonites! We're very pleased to have you aboard.

It would be great if you filled out your signature area and provided your first name (makes things so much friendlier! :))

Congrats on your new D7000! Enjoy.

m3monkey

Cools thanks for the warm welcome all. A couple of you are close by. Im in Burbank. Got the d7000 yesterday and loving it!! Will definitely test run it to the ground. lol!

Geoffc

My wife has the 10.5 and loves it. I was sceptical when she ordered it, but it actually takes some nice sharp and interesting shots. We bought the DXO software as it will correct all of the distortion and create 180 degree "normalised" shots. Fantastic if you're selling your house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD