Hello from Connecticut

Dooku77

Hello all. I have recently sold all of my Canon equipment to become a Nikonite. I'm in the process of picking a camera. Maybe someone can help me. I have a body selected but it has mixed reviews. I have the D7000 I would like to purchase. I have been to that section in the forum but I have not had any luck.

AC016

Very curious as to why you would convert?? Anyhow, it terms of a Nikon camera for you, i suppose the first question to you would be what Canon camera did you have? From there we can suggest a Nikon equivalent or maybe something a step up. What "body" had mixed reviews? Give us some more details so we can help you out.

Dooku77

I had a canon 50D. I loved the bold quality. Hated the menu system. I was really disappointed when the canon 60D was released. I also dislike CF cards. I was looking at purchasing the Nikon D7000.

Dooku77

Also I wanted a DSLR that had video feature. The 50D did not offer any video option at all. I want to get into some video stuff as well and the dual SD card feature of the D7000 is really nice. I wasn't commuted heavily to one brand yet so when the "successor" to my camera had come out I was really disappointed and I don't want to spend 1900.00 on the 7D.

AC016

Okay. The 5100 and 7000 are good choices. Both have the same sensors, just keep that in mind. I do beleive that there is a 5100 vs 7000 thread on here. Take a look at that and see which one suits you best.

Dooku77

The mixed reviews I was speaking of is the D7000 having front and back focus issues an some people saying that the camera is showing different f stop setting in the eye piece and on the live view settings. I know every camera has it's issues and different firmware is released to correct said issues, but I just want to know as a whole if the D7000 is a great camera.