Errm, whats with the color shift?

Oomph

I was working on my Macro skills with this flower in the house, The first shot was just a close up, you can see its nice and purple, . You can see the next picture going macro the flower turns blue..Whaaaa happened? I hope its ok to post this question here. not looking for a Critique, just the color issue.

First Shot-- FStop: F/4 Second Shot-- Ftop: F/14
EXP Time: 1/60 same
ISO: 200 same
FL: 90mm same
MAX AP: 3.3 Max AP: 4.3
Metering: Pattern Metering: Pattern
SB-700-- TTL @16mm straight on SB-700-- TTL @85mm 90degree bounce off a white wall

Purple Flower1.jpgPurple Flower2.jpg

Oomph

oh man,thanks bro, is there a way to predict when this will happen? Cant have somebody say " take a picture of me in my sexy new blue dress" and it comes out green or something?

pedroj

F4 in the first F14 in the second [8 or so F stops different] and the same shutter speed may have a lot to do with it..If I'm reading it correctly you altered the flash function also..

Oomph

F4 in the first F14 in the second [8 or so F stops different] and the same shutter speed may have a lot to do with it..If I'm reading it correctly you altered the flash function also..

Aye, in my noobness i figured changing the Fstop and bouncing the light would only effect the way the flower was illuminated, didnt think it could change color. Ive only had the camera for a few days, hence the experimentation with the massive Fstop change and flash bounce/zoom change. i apologize for the way the settings came out, i had them in two columns but looks like i got word wrapped. Looks like i have a long way to go with this learning curve.

pedroj

Aye, in my noobness i figured changing the Fstop and bouncing the light would only effect the way the flower was illuminated, didnt think it could change color. Ive only had the camera for a few days, hence the experimentation with the massive Fstop change and flash bounce/zoom change. i apologize for the way the settings came out, i had them in two columns but looks like i got word wrapped. Looks like i have a long way to go with this learning curve.

The D90 is a good camera to teach yourself photography with...Have fun..

Not to worry, trying things is how you learn and I'm sure you have learned from this exercise..