Aloha! From the Sunny Ohio Cornbelt!

Kias

Hi there!

Just joined up as after lurking for awhile. Seems like you guys a tad friendlier than some 'other' places.

Guess the first thing everyone wants to know is what I have, so here's my specs.

Camera: None
Lenses: None
Photography Depression: Lots

My last camera was a Panasonic DMC-TS3. I left it somewhere in Kentucky (I think) Major bummer there. Luckily I pulled all 1200 some pics from our Disney Cruise the night before onto my laptop. Previous cameras were the Nikon L20, and some others I can't quite remember. All point and shoot though.

The best camera I have right now is on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone.

I think it's time I step up to a DSLR as I've been coming up against a wall on what I want my pictures to be, and what the camera will actually let me do. I'm looking at the D5100, D90, and D7000. I think I'm about to cross off the D5100 as it doesn't have the autofocus motor, although price and how soon I want to take the bite might have an affect on my decision. April 15th(ish) is never a good time around here for buying anything.

I like low-light photography, macros, landscapes, lots of food p$%^, and anything else I happen to think would be a nice picture. I've never really gotten into pictures of people as I can never seem to get a picture worthy of my eyes out of a point and shoot.

If you're really bored, my photostream is at Flickr: RJB Pics' Photostream

patrick in memphis

no autofocus motor???? the d3100 has one and currently aroud 500$ just looked at your pics liked waterdrop,flower,ring (coo.. tent hilarious)

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
no autofocus motor???? the d3100 has one and currently aroud 500$

Hi Patrick, sorry to contradict you but the 3100 does NOT have an "in-camera" focus motor. It will auto-focus exclusively with AF-S lenses where D90-7000-700-300-7- will auto-focus with AF-D lenses. AF-D lenses don't have their own focus motor in the lens.