Morning

Ebilpirate

Hello all, another new member here. This one from rain drenched London. I am using the title ebilpirate as that is what people on other forums know me as but my name is Matt.

Motivation, what's my motivation here. I have always been slightly envious of the stunning results that friends have got with dslrs and the imminent arrival of my first child gave me the perfect narrow window to get wife sign off and click the big buy button.

It was around two weeks ago that the d3100 arrived, ( with the 18 - 55 kit lens). The cat is.now throughly pissed of with being photographed. My wife has set ground rules as to when she can and can not be photographed and the cherry tree in the back garden has been documented to death.

Currently trying to hold off anymore purchases until I have made more headway in making the best of what I have.

Currently working through various books and have progressed as far as a decent functional understanding of aperture and shutter priority modes. Many more miles of theory to go but I am finding it all strangely compelling.

Last edited:

Patrick M

Welcome Matt.

I'm in "sunny" Surrey......when will this rain ever end?

On the plus side, the large puddles attract quite a lot of bird life ... They love to bath and once the tripod is set up, snapping them is a breeze :)

Looking fwd to seeing your photos. I've learnt a lot from these forums, and hope you do too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD