Hello, From Centeral Indiana

F & F2 Man

Been in Photography since I was 15 (I am 58 at this post).
Currently, I own a Black Nikon FE with a Nikon 24mm f/2.8 AiS as my Street Machine :). I shoot Fuji Delta 100, or Neopan 400 as my films, I develop in Rodinal at various ratios.

My main machine is an Olympus E-M5 (When I get delivery ;)), so a Panasonic G3 is my main digital until then... Just a few more weeks :cool:

I love several genre's, Landscape (Urban and Rural), Macro, general Nature stuff, and occasional bird or other critter. And dabbled with some studio sessions.

I am also a Moderator over at E-P1.net...The 1st Micro 4/3rds community.

Looking forward to sharing and getting involved over here....

F & F2 Man

I will, I just got my FE back from a CLA, so tomorrow I will burn a roll, and soup/scan/post....
I can post images with Nikkor lenses used on my G3 today though....

Eye-level

Banned
I have a FE too...have the cheap 28/3.5 but I am going to to get a 2.8 as soon as I have the change...yes that would make for a street shooting machine...set the focus at infinity choose the aperture and blast away...I have a MD11 too - full auto! LOLI looked at the 4/3s stuff a couple of years ago but concentrated on my F2 kit instead...I see now where you can get an EP-1 for around 150-200 bucks...that is starting to sound really darn attractive to me...

At any rate good to meet you sir hope you enjoy the forum. :)

F & F2 Man

Thanks, Yes, at INF and f/16, 6' to INF, I shoot Neopan 400 at 200 or 400. Tomorrow, I shoot at ISO 200 and Rodinal 1:100 Standard Development.

I really haven't used it yet, and the 24mm on my G3 is just not the same as my 20mm f/1.7 ASPH.

I have had the FE and 24 serviced, so it all purrs like cat...

He she is

Nikon FE with Nikon AiS 24mm f/2.8 by Peter Arbib, on Flickr

Eye-level

Banned
The FE is one of the top 5 cameras Nikon has ever made...you can get a nice one for about a bill nowadays... :)

nikonfe - Copy.jpg

F & F2 Man

Yes, I once bought an FM w/ the 50/1.4 when it was introduced.
Now the FE I have pictured was the one KEH sent me. But, it was rated "E"' but it was in bargin condition. So I sent it back for all the minor repairs that was needed, and they sent back a totally different one, in DEMO condition!
That is why I shop used with KEH. CS is outstanding!

I got the FE because, other than the EL/EL2, and FM, it can use non-Ai lenses by flipping up the meter pin, of the non "F" bodies.

Eye-level

Banned
Personally I would love to have a FM2...

I wholeheartedly agree with you about KEH...it is the only way to go!

The FE was the first true electronic Nikon...like you say it would use any f mount lens...it had a few interchangeable viewfinder screens...and if you stop and think about it how many of them are still around functioning perfectly after all these years??? A bunch of them...

I don't know how far you have got into looking at any of my posts but I have a very nice F2 with DE-1 Eye-level Finder...it smokes my FE I'm afraid except for AUTO...the FE will still make the same picture though... :)