Canon 5d Mark III's DxO sensor score: 81

Dr Daniels

Canon_EOS_5D_Mark_III_overall_scores.jpg

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Publications/DxOMark-Reviews/Canon-5D-Mark-III-Review/Sensor-performance

Canon 5D Mark III: 81
Nikon D800: 95

Nikon-D800-vs-Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III.png

I expect Canon lovers to hate DxO...:confused:

Last edited:

Dr Daniels

SPAM... A mod please delete this thread... This is a NIKON site.

Indeed, so now you know that Nikon has the lead in sensor technology over Canon, nothing new though. But the real question, does this DxO Mark test means anything in the 'real' world? I've seen a couple of photos coming out of the 5D Mark III, and it is very impressive to say the least. I don't see any rush of Canon shooters switching to Nikon yet.

The 5D MkIII is not inferior to the point that it puts a photographer at a disadvantage over a Nikon D800 photographer. The biggest difference will always lie on the photographer's skills.

If anything, the D800 has given up on its former versatility for a massive increase of resolution at the price of buffer speed: something that Canon shooters won't be penalized in.

The only decent comparisons I've seen so far between the D800 and 5D mkIII:
Part 1: Canon 5D MK III vs Nikon D800 with Nathan Elson - YouTube
Part 2: Canon 5D Mark III vs. Nikon D800 Part 2 with Mike Drew - YouTube
Part 3: coming soon I guess...

Last edited:

westmill

Banned
The D800 is without question an outstanding peice of kit. Having said that... unless I had clients demanding huge
Files I wouldnt touch one with a barge pole. Its a pixel peepers wet dream though lol.

jcottone45

The D800 is without question an outstanding peice of kit. Having said that... unless I had clients demanding huge
Files I wouldnt touch one with a barge pole. Its a pixel peepers wet dream though lol.

This is one peon that can't afford the D800 in fact I am still in awe of my D300s but then again I am the original "Half Assed Photographer".!!

stamatisg2002

Trust me guys, in Crete, when you pay a visit to a friendly house, the lady of the house doesn't ask you what you want to have, a coffee or something. She just take the raki bottle out of the freezer and serves you, you like it or not. And dude! They know to drink! They drink a coffee cup full of raki in one move like a shot...