Getting pics on computer with windows 7. I cant figure it out?

abraham

I got a new computer with windows 7 and when I go to my computer and highlight a pic from my 3100 I get no" copy file to" or" move file" option and can not figure out how to get the pics off my camera and to my computer on windows 7. Any help appreciated.

StringThing

With Windows 7 fully booted and logged in (if you have to log in), insert the SD card and wait a few seconds. An Autostart window should pop-up and an option will be to Import Pictures and Videos. Click that and skip the next option (to tag the files). Pictures will import to your Pictures Library.

HTH

lee786

I got a new computer with windows 7 and when I go to my computer and highlight a pic from my 3100 I get no" copy file to" or" move file" option and can not figure out how to get the pics off my camera and to my computer on windows 7. Any help appreciated.

you actually should be able to drag and drop the folder from your camera/card reader to your computer desktop

abraham

thanks for the replies. I dont like the idea of having to pull the sd card just to grab a couple photos but will try the options given. Thanks again.

§am

If the card is locked and you're trying to copy it should not have any issues, only if you try to move it you will.

View NX2 is good to use as it takes care of all the 'downloading' of your pics, just remember to pay attention to the options picked (like delete after download etc!!)