Landscape Shot - Critiquing Wanted

th33ch0

Hello Everyone,

I am new to photography and have what I believe to be a pretty good shot. Please critique to your likings and let me know how I can improve.

Camera Model: NIKON D5100
Image Date: 2012-04-13 12:31:52 (no TZ)
Lens: 18-55mm
Focal Length: 48.0mm (35mm equivalent: 72mm)
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 5.000 s
ISO equiv: 800
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Shade
Flash Fired: Yes (Auto, return light detected)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Software: Ver.1.00

Attachments

• DSC_0416.jpg
    DSC_0416.jpg
    816.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, to much dark on the bottom and I really don't see the need to the land mass on the left. I had rather see more of the lights on the bridge. Maybe wide angle covering shore to shore?

th33ch0

I really appreciate that and promise I will not disappoint you;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

th33ch0

DSC_0416.jpg

Some very quick PP. What do you all think of the cropping? Too tight? Should I eliminate the black on the left? Also, feel free to modify the photo as you see fit. I love seeing different takes on a photo.

th33ch0

Would you mind cropping the orginal or showing some examples of other shots. I appreciate the assistance.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

th33ch0

Well just got back again and did some more shots. Here is my attempt at a Panoramic. Never have done one before so let it rip!

Full Panoramic.jpg

Rick M

He doesn't need to use an ultra-wide angle lens to cover a 17mile bridge Rick. Ultra-wide angle lens doesn't help at all.
All what he needs is make a panoramic image after taking multiple shots of that bridge. This way easier but it really works.

Intended as a bit of a joke :). I need to get out and try some panos, what programs have you used for stitching?