Questions for those in Great Britain.

jengajoh

My friend and I are going to Great Britain this September for 10 days, specifically London and Dublin. I have some questions regarding where to stay and how to get to places. We plan on taking public transportation every where, we are not renting a car.
My main question is what is the best, and fastest way to get from London to Liverpool to Dublin and then back to London? Also where to stay in Liverpool and Dublin. I'm not a B&B kind of person I want a hotel. The idea at this point is to stay in London for a few days then one night in Liverpool, 2 nights in Dublin then back to London since our flights fly in and out of London.

Also any other kind of advice, things we should know before we go etc.. are also appreciated.

Thanks!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
When my wife and I went to London back in Oct we stayed at the Rembrandt, which is in Kensington right across from the V&A and Natural History museums. It's a great hotel, and one of the few that has an included breakfast. The Kensington tube stop is also fairly central to everything which makes getting around a bit easier.

As far as getting to Liverpool, you can take a train out of Euston, which you can easily get to using the tube. For example: Kensington, Greater London, UK to Liverpool, Merseyside, UK - Google Maps

Eye-level

Banned
I am not in Great Britain but I would spend day one in Dublin at Trinity College, Merrion Square, St. Stephan's Green, you'd have to visit the old Guinness townhouse, the Shelbourne Hotel and then spend the evening shopping on Grafton Street...then I would spend day two in the countryside of Glendalough taking pictures...wiki all those places and you'll see what I mean...Dublin the city is boring...

Stonehenge is a bunch of big @ss rocks in the middle of a field...oh boy! LOL

I highly recommend you get a copy of this book http://www.watershedonline.ca/community/bookcafe/bclondon.shtml
and read it before you go to London...it will teach you many things about London and England in general..it is a great read too.

Last edited:

jengajoh

Thanks Jeff, we have a pretty good idea of what we're doing in England, and Stonehenge is not one of them. We also have a bunch of books. I really want to know more about transportation to Dublin. Also maybe some rules of etiquette that might be different than here... other than common sense and general politeness, those don't seem to be very prevalent here in the US.

I thought we had some people from the UK on here...