Photo Explosion Deluxe?

What will it do that the free View NX2 won't do? And will it handle RAW images that your D7000 produces. From m,y experience cheap programs don't really do a good job. Sometimes the free programs do much better. Save you money and get one of the Adobe programs. PhotoShop is very expensive but well worth the money but there are other programs that are less but very good.

megan.e.arlitz

I wasn't thinking about using it to edit the photos, but to more or less to use the templates that come with it. I have gimp that I can use for that.. Or does anyone know of any good website to download templates to use in gimp?

fotojack

Free programs like Irfanview, Picasa 3, Gimp do a good job of resizing and editing photos. Like trac said, photoshop is expensive, so if money is tight, stick to the free ones. :)

Listen...unless you're actually going to earn money with photography....as in...make your living with it...stick with the freebies. Of course, if you have money to burn, then by all means, knock yourself out with the big name editors. :)

megan.e.arlitz

Free programs like Irfanview, Picasa 3, Gimp do a good job of resizing and editing photos. Like trac said, photoshop is expensive, so if money is tight, stick to the free ones. :)

Listen...unless you're actually going to earn money with photography....as in...make your living with it...stick with the freebies. Of course, if you have money to burn, then by all means, knock yourself out with the big name editors. :)

Sorta helps me out a little.. I still want to know how to do templates like what wonder photo does. or probably what this program would do!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Sorta helps me out a little.. I still want to know how to do templates like what wonder photo does. or probably what this program would do!

What do you mean by "templates"? What are you trying to achieve? Cropping, saturation, contrast, sharpness? Or is it some kind of frame around the pictures or special effects?

As much as some program can magically apply effects to photographs, I think it's much better to learn and understand what is being done to the original in order to achieve this result. You can then apply it with more or less of some ingredient to match what you want to get to. It might be a little longer since there will be a learning curve, but on the long run you will benefit.

megan.e.arlitz

What do you mean by "templates"? What are you trying to achieve? Cropping, saturation, contrast, sharpness? Or is it some kind of frame around the pictures or special effects?

As much as some program can magically apply effects to photographs, I think it's much better to learn and understand what is being done to the original in order to achieve this result. You can then apply it with more or less of some ingredient to match what you want to get to. It might be a little longer since there will be a learning curve, but on the long run you will benefit.

I would use Gimp or Picasa, to edit my photos and take the edited photos and put them in these sort of templates.

Like Easter, Christmas, July 4th.. That sort of stuff.

This is what I mean by templates...

JennaCollege1.jpg

JennaCollege.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Ah… Now I get it. Unfortunately, I have no idea of what is out there as far as these templates programs. I wonder if Adobe Element has that kind of feature. I'm only familiar with the photo editor programs. This is more of a layout program for pictures that were already worked on (cropped, saturation, contrast etc.). So maybe if you google "photo layout programs" you'd get a few more. But you might have to try their trial versions to see for yourself if you like them or not.
Keep us informed.

megan.e.arlitz

Ah… Now I get it. Unfortunately, I have no idea of what is out there as far as these templates programs. I wonder if Adobe Element has that kind of feature. I'm only familiar with the photo editor programs. This is more of a layout program for pictures that were already worked on (cropped, saturation, contrast etc.). So maybe if you google "photo layout programs" you'd get a few more. But you might have to try their trial versions to see for yourself if you like them or not.
Keep us informed.

Cool, Thanks. Photo Deluxe looks like it has templates, but I am not sure what type of templates it has. I will probably have to dl a torrent or something.. since there is no try me for this program. :(