Recommendations

Eye-level

Banned
Probably something like Jack has is the best bang for the buck...I really need to get me a tripod too.

Actually bought one a few days ago an old Ambico cheezy one but it is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen...I wouldn't even mount a Canon on that junker...I don't know what the heck I was thinking but it was only 12.95 at the pawn shop.

fotojack

Probably something like Jack has is the best bang for the buck...I really need to get me a tripod too.

Actually bought one a few days ago an old Ambico cheezy one but it is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen...I wouldn't even mount a Canon on that junker...I don't know what the heck I was thinking but it was only 12.95 at the pawn shop.

I use a Manfrotto 055 (older model), and it's my workhorse. Love it. It's aluminum, it's big, and solid as a rock!

Jeff....do you have a pic of that old clunker of yours? I'd be curious to see it, if you wouldn't mind. :)

Eye-level

Banned
I forget to get it today before I left the shop...I'll get you one Monday...it is black and pretty heavy duty for an Ambico...there is another one much older at the antique store in town...they are asking 25 but I bet I could talk them down because it has been there awhile...it looks like something from the 80s...white...also Ambico.

I think I oughtta just wait and try and get something along the lines of the one you have...

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
Jack I forgot all about it but here you go...it has a quick release element and a leveling bubble...all in all it is ok but one of the leg extension clamps won't hold the leg in place when extended...if I could fix that somehow it might be alright...

036.JPG

fotojack

Hey thanks, Jeff. I had one that looked very similar to that one. It was a Velbon. I sold it as fast as I could. :) If you can find a Manfrotto or a Gitzo, Jeff, you'd be much better off.