I'll Just Go and Check on things

len

A fire had started on a Saturday morning at a Timber reclamation site, this shot was taken on the Sunday evening and the fire lasted several days; I was lucky enough to get permission from the Fire Chief and caught this Fireman walking towards the flames.

EXIF: D90, Nikon 55-300mm f/4 @ 55mm, 1/8sec f/4.5, ISO 800

Attachments

• I'll just go check.jpg
    I'll just go check.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

Mike150

Good Shot Len. Shows just how insignificant we can be around something like a fire.
I would probably have cropped away some of the left side to shift the fireman to the left of center.

With the lens at 55mm, you were probably close enough to feel the heat. Hope you framed an 8x10 for the fire chief for allowing you to get so close.

miknoypinoy

nice shot. I also would have panned to the right and have the firefighter on the left corner. then we could see more of the silhouettes of whatever that Is on the right (fence, dog house?). but at spur of the moment shots like that, not too much time for composition lol. I still like it. great shot. thanks for sharing. and I agree, a nice 8x10 for the captain would be nice.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This is a great shot Len. My cropping preference would be to remove some bottom. I find there is a little too much hose and it keeps bringing my eyes on the bottom. I'd crop it where the hose union is.

I'm not going to try and crop it cause I was slapped on the thread recently… ;)

len

Hi Guys thanks for looking and comments all duly noted: Fire chief gave me 15-20 mins to get shots; got another I'll share with you tomorrow...involves caravan..reflection and of course fire :eek: