Bright sunny day

Dr Daniels

I posted this photograph in another thread, but this time I have done a bit of post-processing. Please let me know if this photo still has a natural feel to it, or if it looks artificial. I think it is sometimes interesting to have someone else's opinion after processing an image with Photoshop.

_DSC0382.jpg

Exif:
Camera: Nikon D800
Lens: Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8
Exposure: 1/80
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 38mm
ISO: 50

bluenoser

Banned
View attachment 9522View attachment 9523

Hi Marc! Having fun with PS I see! :)

Well overall I do prefer your processed version but I think you might have pushed the desaturation a bit too far for my taste and the sun you included in the top left corner doesn't work for me. I see the look you were going for and you pulled it off nicely but but I like just a bit more punch in my images (a personal preference).

However your model remains beautiful in both versions! :)

franpoli

I do not really like the lighting effect you have done on the upper left corner. It looks wrong to me. Like a studio background with a spotlight. I may prefer the previous version because of that. It is nevertheless a beautiful image.

Dr Daniels

James and franpoli, thanks a lot for your input. That is exactly what I was looking for actually. I wasn't sure about the 'sun effect' on the top left corner. When I added it looked great to me. Then I just looked at the photo 15 minutes later, and wasn't sure at all. In fact I will remove it! And of course I'll take it easy on the opacity slider for desaturation.