And you thought your new lens was expensive!?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
hrm, so if you consider that each bottle of champagne is 750ml (~24oz). A typical champagne flute is 6oz. That bottle costs $197,000 usd and is 40x the regular champagne bottle, which makes it 30L (960oz), which makes each oz of champagne $205.21.

That's $1,231.25 a glass!

bluenoser

Banned
That's $1,231.25 a glass!

Wow...that's frickn' obscene in the extreme! It's like buying a new lens, using it for a couple of minutes and then throwing it in the garbage!

I'll take a nice new Nikon lens any day over a glass of champagne (and I'm betting everyone there couldn't tell the difference between $1,200/glass champagne and a glass of baby duck! LOL!)

I heard Jay Leno talking about his massive car collection one day. He said he has a habit of sending more restoring a car than it will ever be worth. his quote was "I am a classic case of someone that has more money than sense."

At least he has some great cars that he can drive forever which is more than the guy with the drinks has.

bluenoser

Banned

Interesting shot of the bill John. However I couldn't quite understand the following item on it:

View attachment 8873

Now there are many things I could ask or say at this point however I think I'll let discretion be the better part of valour. :p (although it's probably too late for that! lol!)

PS. Ah jeez....I have to add that compared to the price of the champagne, it seems like one hell of a deal!

Last edited:

Carolina Photo Guy

Interesting of the bill John. However I couldn't quite understand the following item on it:

View attachment 8873

Now there are many things I could ask or say at this point however I think I'll let discretion be the better part of valour. :p (although it's probably too late for that! lol!)

PS. Ah jeez....I have to add that compared to the price of the champagne, it seems like one hell of a deal!

Proof positive that he got screwed on that deal! :)

(Admit it. You were waiting for ME to respond!)