Staff member
Super Mod
What do you think?
No edits.

35 mm
f 1.8
ISO 100
1/1250 s

My eyes have difficulty staying on the main focused flower. There are so many lines and out of focus elements that I find it difficult to concentrate on the main subject. In this case, it is my opinion that a smaller aperture could have maybe produced a picture that could have kept my eyes on the flowers (not just one in focus).

For these shots, it is always interesting to take more than one and vary the aperture. It is then easy to select what pleases the eyes after and this way you learn what works with what.

invisionz

I agree, maybe an aperture of 2, 2.8, 4 would be better. The bokeh might not be as nice but the main subject would be recognizable and in focus. I take it you're shooting the nikon 35mm, f/1.8 prime lens which I did not like and sold mine to get a f/1.4 prime which in my opinion really rocks!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I agree, maybe an aperture of 2, 2.8, 4 would be better. The bokeh might not be as nice but the main subject would be recognizable and in focus. I take it you're shooting the nikon 35mm, f/1.8 prime lens which I did not like and sold mine to get a f/1.4 prime which in my opinion really rocks!

Yes but you ended up with a lot less spare change in your pockets didn't you… ;)