Canada VS USA - Naval Battle

Sambr

D300 - 70-300VR iso 200 135mm In the spirit of the anniversary of the War of 1812
901642308_7zR7x-XL.jpg

Rick M

Very Nice! Love the colors!

My bet is the sailboat wins, we probably cut the missles for the Battle Cruiser out of our budget.

Carolina Photo Guy

Very Nice! Love the colors!

My bet is the sailboat wins, we probably cut the missles for the Battle Cruiser out of our budget.

We don't need missiles! Haven't you ever heard of "RAMMING SPEED!"?

That Frigate will slice right through the wind hauler with barely a scratch on her hull paint! :)

Carolina Photo Guy

BTW...

The warship is the JDF Atago. The hull designation corresponds to the Japanese Defense Forces.

This ship transited the Pacific with the US Navy from Japan to US/Canadian waters after the tsunami.

Actually, this is a very rare shot as the JDF do not often leave Japanese Territorial waters! :)

jcottone45

BTW...

The warship is the JDF Atago. The hull designation corresponds to the Japanese Defense Forces.

This ship transited the Pacific with the US Navy from Japan to US/Canadian waters after the tsunami.

Actually, this is a very rare shot as the JDF do not often leave Japanese Territorial waters! :)[/QUOTe
One good bump & the tin can is history, the mighty schooners win again, yeah in dreamworld.!!
Pete, I can't see the bow numbers clearly as I can't make the photo larger but it looks like the number is either 77 or 177 & I think its a destroyer, when & if I find my warships manual I'll look it up to be sure either that or I'll have my brother look at the picture he's the history/naval go to guy in the family.One look & he'll know even where it was built.!!
But you're right about the JDF ships rarely leaving home waters.

Carolina Photo Guy

Before I bet, which one is USA and which one is Canada??????

I have a reputation to uphold, so I'll be circumspect on this one. My research indicates the US is not in this tussle.

This one seems to be between Canada and the Japanese.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I am ever the egotistical SOB! :) :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I thought it was the USS O Kane at initial glance but it is actually the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force ship ATAGO. A missile guided destroyer that is based from where I am at. The sail boat definitely wins since the destroyer is anchored. :rolleyes:

I've visited Vancouver on 3 different occassions and we normally anchor out near the convention center or moor pier side. It was always a treat to visit the area except for the cold weather.

Sambr

I have a reputation to uphold, so I'll be circumspect on this one. My research indicates the US is not in this tussle.

This one seems to be between Canada and the Japanese.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I am ever the egotistical SOB! :) :)

You are right it is a Japanese ship Pete :) man you know your stuff buddy :)

Sambr

Great fun folks - I love it. Thanks everyone for all the information - and Pete hey "Dude" like I said ya "know your stuff" :)

Mike150

I may be wrong but I remember reading ( Yes Pete, I can read ) that the "Sailing" craft always has the right of way over the powered craft.
Can any of you Sailors out there confirm that?

Carolina Photo Guy

I may be wrong but I remember reading ( Yes Pete, I can read ) that the "Sailing" craft always has the right of way over the powered craft.
Can any of you Sailors out there confirm that?

The comic book that you "read" about sailing and power craft is correct. Powered yields the right of way to a sailing craft.

I am NOT a sailor but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn before! :)