New D40 Grip

fotojack

Well it finally arrived! My new grip for my D40. It also came with 2 new batteries for it. Everything works as advertised. It sure makes a difference in the balance and weight of the camera. Much easier to shoot with. The price was right, too....something like $27 Cdn.

bluenoser

Banned
Congrats! New toys!! :) When you get around to it would you post some pics of the grip mounted on the D40 (and perhaps of the grip on its own). No hurry - just curious.

AxeMan - Rick S.

Jack are those OEM batteries? Haven't had much luck with the one's that came with my grip. Just a word to the wise, the batteries that came with my D3000 grip work great, the ones that came with my D90 grip have no life. Both are third party it's a 50/50 shot. Congrats on your purchase.

fotojack

Yup, no problem, James. I'll get on those pics for ya tomorrow, OK?

Rick, yes they are 3rd party, but I just charged them both up and have yet to give them the full court press. :) I'll let you know how they hold power after a reasonable time. I don't like them either, but hey...they came with the grip. OEM's are $90 apiece up here, so buying two OEM's would cost me more than what I paid for the camera! lol :)

bluenoser

Banned
Rick, yes they are 3rd party, but I just charged them both up and have yet to give them the full court press. :) I'll let you know how they hold power after a reasonable time. I don't like them either, but hey...they came with the grip. OEM's are $90 apiece up here, so buying two OEM's would cost me more than what I paid for the camera! lol :)

You can get OEM batteries from B&H in the States for about half that $90 price Jack. In fact 2 OEM batteries for the D40 (including tax, shipping, custom clearance, etc.) will cost you about $100 (USD). Not too bad. It's where I buy my extra batteries. B&H are awesome to deal with. (*of course I realize that 3rd party batteries are still much cheaper :))

fotojack

Sounds good to me Jack! Thanks pal.

OK, here ya go, bud. Hope these are what you're looking for. If not, just tell me what ya need. :)

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg