Fresh Start with a Nikon.

Soulphotography

Hi, I'm Penny... Complete amateur photographer but doing a few courses this year to hopefully step up into the wonderful world of photojournalism. I'm starting with a D90, mainly because I've wanted one for many years, and a wise man once told me that the camera isn't everything, it's the glass you put on it that matters. So I brought a 50mm (just a d, didn't really see the huge advantages for the g) and we'll see how that goes :)
Any who, I'll be after lots of criticisms (constructive!!) and look forward to participating in the forums from now on. I've watched these for a while but never joined in- lol, it now feels like I have a right to ;)
Cheers, Penny

bluenoser

Banned
Hi Penny. A very warm welcome to you!! :)

The D90 is a suberb camera and the 50 1.8D is a little wonder of a lens! Congrats! They will make for an excellent combination. I wish you the best of luck with your photography education - I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to the forum Penny, the D 90 is a wonderful camera and I'm sure it can let you explore photography and make beautiful images. Don't be afraid to ask questions and post your favorite shots.

fotojack

Hi Penny, and welcome to the forum. James (bluenoser) said it best, and of course he beat me to it....as usual (only because he's younger). :)

RickSawThat

Welcome to the site Penny. I too like editorial people photos (street photos) I look forward to see what you shoot with your new camera. Very nice combo (camera and lens) by the way!

Soulphotography

thingy.jpg my little miss proves to be quite the poser... even with a piece of toast! :)

Carz4ever

Welcome Penny and good luck to you. I am in a similar boat ! Your daughter is beautiful , Nice shot . Try it without the flash, looks a little oe. Thats my .02