HDR Lock

Rick M

3 shots merged, F8,+- 2EV (from -1/3)@ 16mm (nikon 16-85 vr).

winter lock.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
You have been getting into this HDR haven't you? Is it possible to do HDR on the D5000 if you had some kind of software maybe?

That is a pretty sharp snap which it oughtta be at F8 and the tones are crazy! Look at the subtle difference of the snow in the channel and outside the channel...amazing! I'm just wondering what the heck that channel is some kind of creek or something running through the park???

Rick M

You have been getting into this HDR haven't you? Is it possible to do HDR on the D5000 if you had some kind of software maybe?

That is a pretty sharp snap which it oughtta be at F8 and the tones are crazy! Look at the subtle difference of the snow in the channel and outside the channel...amazing! I'm just wondering what the heck that channel is some kind of creek or something running through the park???

You can auto bracket 3 shots or do it manually. These were merged in Photomatix Light (only $39), you can download a free trial to play with it.

I'm enjoying playing with HDR, amazing how it expands the range. The single shot is dull in comparison.

This lock is on the Seneca river near onondaga lake in Syracuse. It was used in the 1800's when salt was mined from the lake.

Last edited: