Hi Everbody!

capitaltpt

Hi Everyone! New here and wanted to get my first post out of the way. I used to be a member at Nikonians.org until they started charging for being a member, so now I'm here. I'm a D300 owner. Photography and Videography is a hobby and I'm a music teacher by trade. Looking forward to interacting with everyone here.

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, cap. We have quite a few members here who feel the same way about Nikonians. :) I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Looking forward to your participation. Have fun. :)

Eye-level

Banned
I missed your intro post...welcome...check out Marcel he is a piano expert and he shoots some mean photos too!

What the heck is a SG-3IR and what do you use them for? I assume it is some type of infrared deal?

Nikonians oughta change their name to Draconians IMHO.... :)

Last edited:

bluenoser

Banned
Like Jeff, I somehow missed your intro. post as well.

Better late than never I guess....welcome to Nikonites! Glad to have you aboard.

capitaltpt

I missed your intro post...welcome...check out Marcel he is a piano expert and he shoots some mean photos too!

What the heck is a SG-3IR and what do you use them for? I assume it is some type of infrared deal?

Nikonians oughta change their name to Draconians IMHO.... :)

SG-3IR covers your popup flash. When using it in commander mode, it prevents the on-board flash from contributing to the picture or adding another catch light while still allowing all the infrared signal to go through to the off-camera speedlights.

Eye-level

Banned
SG-3IR covers your popup flash. When using it in commander mode, it prevents the on-board flash from contributing to the picture or adding another catch light while still allowing all the infrared signal to go through to the off-camera speedlights.

You are trying to get one of these items so I assume you might not have any examples of what such a shot looks like but I will ask anyway...so what does such a shot look like exactly? What sort of situation would you use this tool for?

Very interesting...

Last edited:

capitaltpt

You are trying to get one of these items so I assume you might not have any examples of what such a shot looks like but I will ask anyway...so what does such a shot look like exactly? What sort of situation would you use this tool for?

Very interesting...

In this photo for example, the white light reflection in the middle of her pupil is actually from the on-camera flash which I was using to trigger my off-camera speedlights. It's not a huge deal (hence why I'm looking for one cheap), but I guess I'm somewhat of a control freak ;)
DSC_3278.jpg