Gallery Installed

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Is everyone finding the exif information to be correct? I realize it is not normalized (yet).

Manring Photo

Hey...thanks for putting this together. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all develops, and hope it provides a nice online home for Nikon buffs. Question though, about the Gallery. . .are art nudes allowed? You can see the types of images I do at http://manringphoto.com
I won't post any until I know how you feel about art nudes being part of the site. Couldn't find any image restrictions, but think it wiser to ask. Thanks!

DaveKoontz

I can't answer your question about allowing art nudes, but I can say that I reviewed your site and your work is outstanding. Truly art, and not shabby hotel shots that we often see submitted as "art". I would suggest that you post a few of the pin-ups and partial nude images as a start. Your images are very tastefully executed and would be a very positive addition to the Nikonite Gallery. Again, OUTSTANDING WORK!!!!

Manring Photo

Hey Dave, thanks for the compliments; much appreciated! Your work is outstanding as well, truly.

Almost all of my art nudes--other than those obviously shot on location--actually were done in hotels, all over the country with my array of lights and backdrops etc, and sometimes with just window light as key and a table lamp for fill or rim. Certainly not the typical online hotel shot though, I agree.

I appreciate the suggestion of trying a few here, and just may, though will probably wait a bit to see what others think of having art nudes on-site.

Thanks again!

Manring Photo
http://manringphoto.com

I can't answer your question about allowing art nudes, but I can say that I reviewed your site and your work is outstanding. Truly art, and not shabby hotel shots that we often see submitted as "art". I would suggest that you post a few of the pin-ups and partial nude images as a start. Your images are very tastefully executed and would be a very positive addition to the Nikonite Gallery. Again, OUTSTANDING WORK!!!!

Curt

Your photography is fantastic; I had a look through your galleries, you are a true artist.
Breathtaking pictures, very tasteful portrays the female form as it should be, very beautiful

Manring Photo

Oh my, thank you Curt; that's quite a compliment. Liked your work, too, especially the Mallard drake and Old Wheel. I think it'd be cool to see what you could do with more martial arts images, too. Being a Kung Fu teacher will give you an inside point of view on what/how to portray it all that very few have. I should probably re-post my query to New Member Introductions so as to not hijack this thread any further. Thanks again man, much appreciated.
Your photography is fantastic; I had a look through your galleries, you are a true artist.
Breathtaking pictures, very tasteful portrays the female form as it should be, very beautiful

Curt

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement, coming from a photographer of your calibre helps make me strive for better photographs. We all strive to move, to express to others emotions & moods with our pictures; I hope that with practice and time I reach your level of skill.
I may consider posting a few more photos of Kung Fu players in the future. I guess being so close to the subject I never know if others find it interesting??

After looking at your work I am amazed at how you use lighting, and how through your subject’s body language you convey your message that the female form is indeed so beautiful